Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Once again.

I know. I've been talking about the Eagles in my last 3 entries including this. I can't help it. I'm a fan girl. I was a mega supporter of the Green Archers before and I wasn't even a La Sallian. What do you expect now that I'm an Atenean? :p

Here's another thing I learned that makes me even prouder to be Atenean despite the loss yesterday:

"While the victors sang their hymn, team captain Chris Tiu pulled Yuri Escueta, Jai Reyes, and Eric Salamat in a short huddle. “Let’s put this loss quickly behind us because it’s not yet over,” yelled Tiu his voice cracking with emotion. “Let’s prepare for UST.”

They were right in front of me and I could see Reyes battling back the tears. Escueta’s expression showed that he was already calculating the odds of such a Herculean task, but he nodded intently. Salamat let out a howl of disgust but was quick to cast his lot in, “Laban tayo, laban pa! Hindi pa tapos (Let’s fight, fight on! It’s not yet over)!” "

Read the whole article by Rick Olivares from the Ateneo official site.

No comments: