Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Masarap pa rin maging Atenista. :D

Contrary to yesterday's post, I was able to watch live!!! :D Thank you for the tickets, MELISSA!!! I cannot express how thankful and happy I am. Thank you!!! :D Thank you Mel! :D Next time, dapat kasama ka na talaga. Thank you Tin and Regine for the company! :) Thank you Joriel and Mea(kahit hindi kita kilala. :D) for running to get the tickets!

First, I want to say... The guys who had the chance to hold the ball (Jai Reyes and Eric Salamat. (Tama ba?)) during the last play should have attempted a 3. I even heard the La Sallians outside commenting on this. Pati ata sila naghihinayang. :)) Why pass it to Zion with a second remaining when he's inside and couldn't possibly make a 3 from there? I wouldn't have mind a 3 point La Salle victory if there were at least an attempt. I don't think all those 3 point shooters (Jai, Eric and Eman(Haha. Again, tama ba?)) were placed inside the game so that they could find Chris Tiu and pass him the ball. Maybe they were there because they had the authority to shoot from the outside. You think?

There was a great amount of teasing. Haha. Here were some of the "banats:"
DLSU: Beat Ateneo! Animo La Salle!
ADMU: Animo Al Salle!
ADMU: Suspended!
DLSU: NU! NU! NU! (Just my comment. Well, buti pa NU, natalo kami nung eliminations. :p)
DLSU: (One of their banners read "Thank you NU!")
DLSU: (Their half-time presentation. :p)
ADMU: Wrong spelling! (This used to refer to the "DLSU. Animo La Salle" cheer. Now it has more meaning because of their Cheering presentation last Sunday. hehe.)
DLSU: (banner again) Not this time!
DLSU: (banner again. Something like "Bawal Tiumamba ngayon" basta something that contains the word tiumamba.)
There are more from DLSU either because I was obviously in the Ateneo side so I couldn't see our banners na pangasar or those from DLSU just have so much to be angry about and love teasing.

But despite that, I enjoyed the game. Since this is the 1st UAAP game I watched live, I realized a game is much more appreciated in the colliseum than on TV. This is also the reason why a loss witnessed live is much more easier to bear. I'm speaking for myself here. The team played well for 40 basketball minutes. Watching it on tv, I knew each shot and second was important. Live, every second felt important and was exciting. How could you feel angry at a team or feel extreme depression when you see your team has given their all for their school?

While walking to the jeepney terminal and passing through the groups of La Sallians there, I felt like I had to walk with head up high. Haha.

Congratulations La Salle! I'm still happy because we have a great team captain (Chris Tiu quickly approached the La Sallians to congratulate them.), a great team (the Eagles are the best!!! They are sooo hardworking!), a great crowd (we had great spirit and we clapped for their victory) and a great school. Watching live has made me love the Ateneo Blue Eagles more than I already have. Win or lose, it's the school we choose. I say that with so much pride right now. Talagang masarap maging Atenista!!! :D

No comments: