Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Inefficiency.

Today, a friend told me a story of lack of effective communication about an event, which shows some inefficiency in the way the group runs things. I'm not one to quickly pass judgement but it's quite disappointing considering that I hold this group in high regard.

It's even sadder because this friend had to let go of an opportunity, which could have been held on to if not for the faulty communication.

In Pisay, I was given the opportunity to become a leader. I set meetings and events. I decided the place and the time, all of which I could choose to set depending on what would be best for me. I understand that the leaders can do these but what are irritating, I realized, are meetings cancelled too late, people who have agreed to attend not arriving and meetings that waste people's time.

I now truly understand that once you release news, you have to try your best to push through with what you have announced. Actual people's lives revolve on what people in power have set before them.

No comments: