Sunday, August 28, 2005

Not another holiday!!!

I can’t believe I’m saying this but it’s what I feel at the moment. There are so many things to do yet cannot be accomplished because we don’t have enough time to do so. Is the government starting to implement the planned 4-day work week? I mean we’ve been having holidays galore. In Pisay during busy weeks, holidays often mean going to school without it being official and without subjects because of a need to finish our tasks. Plus to organize a class practice or something would require lots of communication. Yesterday, I think I sent around 50-70 text messages & spent around 12 minutes of calls. I like not having classes but it shouldn’t be that often. We should respect holidays. They have dates so that Filipinos could commemorate events in history on that exact day. I don’t want to do the math so I won’t. But as far as I know, a date does not fall on a Sunday every single year. In fact, it’s not that often. So let’s bear with the fact that sometimes, they would have to fall on a Sunday. If they want commemoration, hold activities that would actually make everyone remember whether it’s a weekday or falls on a weekend. How many people do you think will actually take some time to think of our heroes tomorrow? Our country is in a crisis. We need to work. And we can’t if we keep on taking surprise day-offs so often. I wouldn’t be nagging here if National Heroes’ Day really falls on a Monday. Surprise holidays only destroy the schedule of people who have been planning stuff. Don’t take me the wrong way. I love day-offs. I adore them. They give me extra time to sleep and rest. But right now I think there are more important things than sleep and rest that have to be done.

No comments: