Saturday, October 20, 2007

Subic training.



I was supposed to write a super long and dramatic entry about the Subic training but I loved Ate Meki's blog entry about it so hindi na lang. :))

Instead of surfing, eating and sleeping all day to enjoy the sembreak, 22 students, 4 trainers and 2 DISCS staff decided to go to Subic to program.

We were in Subic for 4 days from Monday noon to Thursday afternoon. Our sched went like this. Breakfast. 5-hour morning contest. Lunch. Discussion. 5-hour afternoon/evening contest. dinner. discussion. sleep. get words of wisdom from our coaches and eat lots of junk food in between.

It was very tiring. There were so many things I didn't understand. I got headaches. And the closest thing we got to a Subic vacation was the walk we had during the second day.

But now, I miss Subic. I loved the place. The house had a centralized airconditioning system. The girls had a large room. The people were amazing. I learned there is SO MUCH more I have to learn so that I could program well. It was a dream come true for me - being with great schoolmates and being taught by some of the best programmers in the country.

As Ate Meki's blog entry enumerated everyone:

Thank you Jason, Ivan, Kuya Jay, Kuya Wil, Jim, Kuya Byron, Kuya Richard, Ate Liza, Kuya Liban, Ate Meki, Kuya Alvin, Kuya Jam, Kuya David, Kuya Pong, Miggy, Janssen, Chester, Ate Danna, Kuya Thomas, Kuya Jejo, Ate Wimbie.

I had lots of fun. Akala ko maoop kami kasi freshies kami pero sobrang everyone was really nice. It was a great experience for me to have been in the midst of really great programmers. Sobrang I was inspired to do well in my studies and in practicing programming. I enjoyed the nerdy jokes, the morning exercise and eating junk food like crazy with all of you. :)

Thank you to our trainers. Doc Mana, Doc V, Sir Akie, Sir Eric. I was overwhelmed by the discussions. Haha. But I feel so blessed to have had been trained and taught by the best. Sobrang generous niyo po lahat for sharing your time and super programming knowledge and talents with us. And thank you for your jokes and words of wisdom. :))
//Doc Mana, thank you for organizing everything, being patient with us and for the loads of laughter. :)
//Sir Akie, thank you so much for the advice. We were already getting discouraged until you told us about your ACM training experiences. Thank you po.

Thank you to as ate Meki put it, "DISCS ladies." Haha. Thank you for taking care of us. :D

Though you weren't there with us, Ma'am Rodrigo, thank you for the support and constant encouragement. We are all blessed to have a super nice and loving professor and DISCS chair. We love you, ma'am.

God, thank you! :D Sobrang dami mong blessings na binibigay. :D

No comments: