Tuesday, April 12, 2005

happenings during the ILC

Here are my insights about the ILC:

rants:
* we had to wait for registration to be done under the sun for 2 ½ hrs. Then after reg was arranged, we had to walk all the way to the meeting area. Btw, the group decided this fate shall be handed down to only the girls.
*ate mcdonalds too much. Mcdonalds for 3 days & 2 nights. U can’t blame me if I wouldn’t want to eat burger steak & chicken for quite a while.
*it was scorching hot most of the ilc. Super sunog na ko. My skin is so black and touching my face hurts a lot
*when I sat down, my butt hurt. When I stood up, my legs hurt.
*the gym where the community based conference was held was too small for us. All the metro manila people on the floor. It was really hot in there.
* limited hrs of sleep. We barely slept but I think our grp got pretty much more sleep compared to the others since we weren’t very choosy. We slept whenever we got the chance. Of course, at night in the house. At the sidewalk during breaks and even at the field at times.
* the activities drained us. We had limited sleep and a lot of things to do. What did you expect?
*basically, we ended up tired, sleepy and sticky everyday.
*we had to wait for the bus. My sister & I ended up joining tita susan & some of the meralco people since we had to get home before 7. our sector was supposed to leave at around 9 or 10 am. The bus arrived at 4 pm. So the grp resorted to sleeping on the sidewalk, playing cards, taking pics, singing, eating, etc…

But you know what, all those didn’t hinder us from enjoying the ILC. Because the good outweighed the bad:

*bonding. Since I really wasn’t active in A3 after my camp, it felt really nice to have time hanging out with the group.(pero cyempre namiss ko rin pisay YFC)
*where we slept. Tito gene and tita joy were really nice to let us stay with them. We were very comfortable in their villa. Super lamig & super sarap matulog. It was always a relief to get back to the villa after a long, tiring day. Plus, they served us real food. hihi.
*the talks & the sharings. Though most of the things I heard during the 5 talks(including the 1 during the community based conference. Btw, I would have loved to be in the planning of the pisay grp for next yr but community based is somehow still different & special.) I already know, they struck me really hard. We all need some reminding after all. I’m going to create another entry where I’m going to write the insights I received from the ILC.
*worship. The one thing I really love about YFC is worship. I love singing my heart out & praising God. The songs we sing are the most meaningful songs in the world. They would beat any chart topper in Billboard charts.
*quality time w/ God. The ILC gave all of us the chance to get in tune and check on our relationship with God. Despite how tired we all were, we did everything for God. Nothing could have felt better than that.

SOLO DIOS BASTA! – God alone is enough!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

daya nyo, you got to ate real food and sleep in a nice place. not that our place wasn't nice, but we were just too many. haba pa ng pila sa bathroom, so bawas nanaman sa time matulog (which we devoted to cards, anyway, so i ain't complaining, haha)

clarisse said...

hihi. mahaba din naman pila sa cr namin. at saka nung sat night or morning na pala yun, yung guys nagsiksikan sa baba while the girls were upstairs. hihi. tnx guys.