Sunday, June 08, 2008

Final PBB post... hopefully :p

During the big night, before announcing who among Robi and Ejay would become the big winner, this was said
"Sino ang pinaniwalaan ng taong bayan?
ang lumaki ba sa mabuting pamilya
o ang pinalaki sa karanasan sa buhay

ang nagpakita ng kanyang mga natutunan
o ang nagpakita ng kanyang totoong sarili"

I would have wanted Robi to win but I have nothing against Ejay winning. As a matter of fact, I liked how he handled himself the last few weeks inside the house. I realized he may not have taken initiative but he was a good follower and team player. So congratulations to him.

But I still didn't like how they described Robi. Just from the moment kuya said "Hindi ko nakikita ang totoong Robi. Ang nakikita ko ay isang Atenista." to handlng him differently on the gas situation and his relatively evil-implying vtr for the big 4 up to the big night where they described him as I quoted above.

It's not even about the fact that I'm a Robi fan anymore. I mean I don't really know him after all and I'm not definite he'll be the same role model outside the house but he represented the kind of person who I believe was exemplary and true to himself and to how he was raised. And I just don't like how ABS-CBN chose to describe him, his being a good person, how he exemplified Atenean values and the conditions in which he grew up.

I do not understand how living out the values taught to you by your school which you have inculcated is not being yourself, how being raised by a good family makes you lack experiences and how being true to yourself does not involve practicing what you have learned.

For me, it's just all wrong and yes, once again, I am utterly frustrated.

2 comments:

rAIx said...

alam mo, tingin ko kahit papano naman kasi nakocontrol pa rin ng ABS yung gusto nilang panalunin eh. after all, sila pa rin naman yung nagbibigay ng labels at kung titingnan mo, dahil binibigyan nila ng label yung mga contestant tapos sinasummarize pa nila and all yung mga ginawa nung mga taong yun through vtr's and commercials, parang pinapackage na nila yung tao into a rigid personality that may be true or not for the person. kaya parang hindi rin naman talaga malaya yung mga tao sa pagboto nila ng gusto nilang manalo kasi kahit papano naaapektuhan sila ng pagpapackage ng abs. i mean come on, kung hindi naman nila pinresent si robi as atenista or yung isang dude as la sallian or any other person, i really believe the people might have seen them differently.

at ang labo ng comment na "Hindi ko nakikita ang totoong Robi. Ang nakikita ko ay isang Atenista."

lol. hahahaha. sinabi niya talaga to? haha. di ko gets. :)

i ceased liking PBB though. boring na eh. they should start putting guns inside the house para yung maeevict bigla na lang babarilin or sasabog or something. that would be interesting. hahaha. :)

clar! miss na kita! :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.