Sunday, June 08, 2008

The best Cinderella rendition

//Because I'm currently uploading a lot of megasize files...

Last week, I watched Ever After starring Drew Barrymore and Dougray Scott.

I couldn't believe I haven't watched this movie before. With research, I learned that it was released in 1998. I was in grade 3 so I don't think I got to select which movies to watch.

I suck at reviews so I don't know how to describe it except it's a wonderful movie and it's probably the Cinderella story real girls would wish on themselves.

My favorite quotes:


Leonardo da Vinci: You cannot leave everything to Fate, boy. She's got a lot to do. Sometimes you must give her a hand.

Henry: What do you know? You build flying machines and you walk on water, and yet you know *nothing* about life!
Leonardo da Vinci: I know that a life without love is no life at all.

Danielle: [about the prince] Honestly, I think he and Marguerite deserve each other.
Paulette: Oh, bite your tongue! The only throne I want her sitting on is the one I have to clean everyday.

[last lines]
Danielle: You, sir, are supposed to be charming.
Henry: And you, princess, are supposed to live happily ever after.
Danielle: Says who?
Henry: You know, I don't know.
Grand Dame: [voiceover] My great-great-grandmother's portrait hung in the university up until the Revolution. By then, the truth of their romance had been reduced to a simple fairy tale. And, while Cinderella and her prince did live happily ever after, the point, gentlemen, is that they lived.

Henry: Do you really think there is only one perfect mate?
Leonardo da Vinci: As a matter of fact, I do.
Henry: Well then how can you be certain to find them? And if you do find them, are they really the one for you or do you only think they are? And what happens if the person you're supposed to be with never appears, or, or she does, but you're too distracted to notice?
Leonardo da Vinci: You learn to pay attention.
Henry: Then let's say God puts two people on Earth and they are lucky enough to find one another. But one of them gets hit by lightning. Well then what? Is that it? Or, perchance, you meet someone new and marry all over again. Is that the lady you're supposed to be with or was it the first? And if so, when the two of them were walking side by side were they both the one for you and you just happened to meet the first one first or, was the second one supposed to be first? And is everything just chance or are some things meant to be?

No comments: