Monday, May 05, 2008

To get along with me, you need to...

-Be clear & honest in communicating with me; ambiguity or any withholding drives me crazy.
-Don't take it personally when I play devil's advocate. I am a great troubleshooter.
-Be patient and understanding when I overreact to problems because of my anxiety.

No. I didn't make those up. Those are written in an enneagram manual that we have.

We took the Enneagram test in Psych and I found out I'm a 6 (Mr./Ms. Responsible) For sixes, "Inner/outer fears rule Sixes lives. Thus, the need for trust, certainty, security."

I read through the two page description and I couldn't help agree with what was written. I know all these things about me but when it's put right in front of me, it seems more real to me. /*Plus, I realized that my closest friends are patient and understanding when I overreact so thank you sobra! =)*/ The book says it in such a direct manner, without making it sound positive or negative, just exactly how things are. And I guess being more aware is a step to help solving whatever internal struggles I have.

So just to share, here are the general statements that Sixes believe in consciously or unconsciously:
-"Trust is very important to me. It's vital in a relationship/organization and not to be treated lightly. People generally have to earn my trust."
-"I tend to worry, be concerned, even sometimes obsess on details so I always try to be prepared."
-"Even when I come on authoritatively or tough, I can feel very insecure inside."
-"I like to have clear-cut guidelines, rules and structure. And to know where I stand."
-"I'm a very hard worker. And I tend to take things too seriously."
-"It can be hard for me to make up my mind on big decisions."
-"When I care about someone or a group, I'll do anything for them. I'd give my shirt off my back if needed. And I am very loyal. I expect that in return."
-"I can be suspicious about others. "

Haha. :))

No comments: