Tuesday, May 20, 2008

PBB = heartbreak :((

I've been watching PBB Teen Edition Plus the last couple of weeks. (Obvious. I know. Lol.)

And last night the housemates broke my heart. How?

They nominated both Rona and Robi, my top two favorites in the contest. (Check out the faces. I cried. I react emotionally to EVERYTHING.)

And for what reasons?
Rona for being serious, OA and conservative.
Robi because he doesn't need the money and because Nan couldn't do anything anymore because Robi always did everything.

Now here's what I think.
What's wrong with being serious? It's not as if she doesn't try to have fun inside the house. It's just when a situation is presented to her, she doesn't just choose to laugh but actually takes a look at it and tries to figure out what must be done. And yes, some people put value to what you say, even if they meant nothing to you. And no, there's nothing wrong with being genuinely true to yourself.
And when will the less-fortunate realize that if they truly want to be equals with those who are better-off, they have to recognize that they are playing on the same level? Whenever they say, hindi niya na ito kailangan, they are saying: i deserve to be treated differently. Isn't that what discrimination is? And please. If you really want to work, you will be able to find a way to do so. There's always a lot to be done, not only in that house but in the world.

This is how they reward the two people who have acted as leaders inside the house, peacemakers in all the misunderstandings, rational and responsible housemates and friends.

This reaction might be too much and I admit it might be pretty judgmental too but over-all, I still believe there's a reason to be sad here. My dad says it's a competition and they want to win. But do all the viewers understand that? Do they understand that the reasons given are for the sake of winning and not reasonable arguments on people's beliefs and behaviors?

Well, I do hope so!

No comments: