Sunday, February 17, 2008

Time for the big switch! =)


Omi Castanar is the Program Director of ASLA for this year. As I said in my blog entry Entrusted to Serve. Entrusted to Lead. :D about the ASLA congress, " It allowed me to meet a bunch of inspiring people who really want to make a difference in this world through service." Kuya Omi was one of the people I was referring to.

When I was at a point where I thought there weren't much people in Ateneo who cared, they accepted me into ASLA. There I was convinced that there are people in this school who wanted to do something positive and were actually already acting on their beliefs. Kuya Omi presided over our congress and it amazed me how he together with the core could effectively bring together a group of strong people, all leaders in their own rights. They made each one of us think about our leadership, asked us to share our insights, give us the chance to assess our core principles and grow from all we learn about ourselves and from the other great leaders around us.

And so I think, he can do the same for the Ateneo community, the Sanggunian - bring us together, dig from our different backgrounds, utilize our respective abilities and help us learn from ourselves and others.

From what little I know about him, I am confident about 4 things:
- He is passionate about service.
- He has vision.
- He knows how to turn his vision into reality.
- And he gets the job done.

Kuya Omi knows what he wants for Sanggu. He has drafted concrete plans and still, he is willing to listen to those who care enough to speak up, about what they want Sanggu to do for them.

A vote for Omi Castanar is a vote not wasted. A vote for him means a school year not wasted for the Sanggunian. :) So let's all vote for him! :)

To read what he has to say and what he wishes to do, visit http://omi4president.multiply.com.

No comments: