Monday, February 11, 2008

Drawing the line.

'You shall not hate your fellow countryman in your heart;
you may surely reprove your neighbor,
but shall not incur sin because of him.'
- Leviticus 19:17
I guess disappointment in other people is a universal feeling. We have all probably experienced being let down by people we trust and love. Some of us hurt by people we barely know.

And like many, I believe this disappointment, the sadness we feel because of the wrong that others have caused whether to us, to others or to themselves comes from a love that we have for these people. Whether we admit it or not, we care. Because if we didn't, none of his/her actions would hurt us.

I admit my disappointment sometimes gets out of line. I sometimes expect too much and instead of care, I harbor the sadness and take it against the person.

God today spoke so clearly about how we should react to these situations. The feeling of disappointment is understandable but incurring sin because of it is not.

No comments: