Sunday, April 01, 2007

Graduation Entry # 2:Garnet

Garnet was such a well-bonded section that my adjustment to Pisay didn't become all that hard. All the girls became friends since the 1st day of the FOP. The guys - well, it didn't take long.

We had the most unique schedule. We had a break at 7:30 - 8:20. Now I know why I never got used to waking up early. We always ended class at 5 because we had a break every 3:20 - 4:10. We had a lot of time to bond as a section and well, cram our Math homework in the morning and Art & Drafting plates in the afternoon.

We always stood up for our section and defending our section was almost always a given. During the intrams, the girls cheered so hard that we gained an archrival. We even had shifts in buying the guys water and refilling the bottles. During the kite-flying, we were all affected by the technicality that prevented one of the teams in our class to win 1st place.

Still, we had our fights. Who would have forgotten how we all ganged up on Jasper for what he was doing in our forums? Lol. Whenever there were class projects, we ended up shouting at each other and complaining how the guys couldn’t sing. Despite all that, we end up being happy with how things turn out.

It was only when I was in 2nd year that I learned what the other sections in the batch thought of us. They actually thought we were secluded and that we weren’t even bonded. I guess we were in a world of our own. I didn’t care because I enjoyed every moment with G07.

After that year, we never really got to bond anymore. Actually, I think I was one of those who fell apart. It didn’t help that there were only two Garnetians in my second year section. Still, this section will keep a special place in my heart. All the people in that class were my first friends. They were the people who helped me adapt to a new environment. I will forever remember all of you. I pray we get some time to catch up on each other. I love you, Garnet.

2 comments:

. said...

ahhaha well, kami rin! may 320-410 break before art/drafting... kayo ung nakikita namin during those times. kainis noh. hehehehhe! =P pero ok lang yun! tapos na...

Anonymous said...

Hindi kaya tayo nag-fall apart! Andami kong naging mas ka-close na Garnet after first year. Saka diba, remember how often we're amazed find ourselves in a group of Garnetians (LOL at the term haha) especially recently? and when we talk about Garnet, kahit na andun ung usual, "Garnet? What Garnet?" we still talk of our first ever Pisay section with fondness. :)

At harhar mag-uupdate na po. :P