Saturday, February 18, 2006

YMSAT week (part 1)

//I know this entry is late but I just can’t stop myself from writing an entry about it.

The YMSAT week is the event I look forward to every year. Here are the reasons why this year’s version of it was so fun…

·Our group, the Be Dye-namics group won 2nd out of 20 groups in the Chemistry Entrepreneurial Contest. Congratulations to our group (Rob, Nico, Lara, Krishna, Jan Michael, James, Paul, Wewel, Jao, John Mark and I)! Our artistic ability in tying rubber bands and mixing colors and of course never to forget our exceptional advertising (or pangungulit, which those who bought probably find more appropriate) abilities paid off. To Rob, Nico and Lara… Thanks for leading the group so well. Really sorry I was almost totally if not completely useless for 2 ½ days. To Jan Michael, Wewel and Jao… I never knew you guys were so artistic. To James… Thanks for being so willing to run to wherever we needed you to run to. To Nico and Paul… Our routine was so cute, “entrepreneurial”, “scientific” and formal all at the same time.

·Beryllium won the Math Treasure Hunt. With our convincing bargaining skills, knowledge of the mistakes in the set-up and John Mark and Ivan, we enjoyed it. I commend Ate Athena and Sir Chuck. They prepared a less tiring (it was still tiring. The other treasure hunts were just exceptionally and remarkably exhausting.) but more interesting set-up. They were also able to allow some of the less mathematically gifted of us to do some things.

·The Chem Quiz Bee had the honor of being graced by our class’ most promising love team, Givan (Gihan and Ivan). The Math Interscho saw the pride of our class, John Mark and Ivan.

·The president of India arrived at our school. It was pretty amazing to see the gym being cleaned, bomb squads inside Pisay, the red carpet rolled out, a lot of Indians who made everyone look at the entrance whenever they arrived thinking the president was with them.

·The Physics symposium was interesting. Mr. Palima’s talk had so much in it. Everyone in the room especially liked the way he related love to Physics concepts. The Chem symposium was amazing because she didn’t explain chemistry. Maoi Arroyo had so much to share but she never left a dull moment in her 2-hour talk. I would love to get a copy of the ppt she used during her talk. She’s an example of one Pisay graduate I would love to be like in the future. Though I doubt that I would go into business or anything biotech related, her success and (I guess it would be safe to say) dominance in her chosen field at a relatively young age is inspiring. I would like to earn my 1st million before I reach 30 too.

1 comment:

Mike Abundo said...

Maoi should do a podcast. Without the restrictions of an event schedule, she could probably talk for four hours.