Saturday, February 18, 2006

New York! New York!

Prom.

The night of all nights. The night our batch officers, teachers and parents have been preparing for since last school year. It’s done and over with.


First and foremost, I would like to thank our parents, teachers, our batch officers Egg, Rob, Mich, Shayne, Cheska and Jerome, the other people who helped out Maisie, Jackie, Nico, Joriel, etc. Thanks for preparing for us such an amazing night. We all saw your hard work and dedication in preparing for this. Congratulations! It was just exceptional.

Thanks din ng sobra sa parents ko! Thanks for my gown, hair, make-up and all the support. Thank you! Thank you talaga!

Everyone really looked respectable in their formal attires. Sobrang cute ng lahat ng tao kagabi.

I started fixing myself when I got home from school. Yup. We had achievement tests before the prom. I went to Regine’s in Park Square at around 5. I was late for my 4:30 appointment (so typical of me). I had my hair and make-up done. Yay! Malapit lang naman sa Shang so k lang.

I arrived at Shangri-la at 6:45 because my mom dropped by Landmark for a few minutes. The first people I saw were Nico and Ray2 because they were outside at that time. Then, of course we had to say hi to everyone and register. Then I had my photo taken. Hindi dahil stag hindi na ko magkakaroon ng prom picture no. Hihi. Then we voted for whom we thought were deserving to be prom prince, princess and the couple of the night.

Then there was the opening prayer, the introduction of the emcees Antonio Macasieb and Kat Chan, the opening remarks by Rob Roque, the passing of the key of responsibility form Batch ’06 President Mariel Chavez to Batch ’07 president Egg Aherrera and the cotillion.

I didn’t have a date para sa mga hindi pa alam. Nakaupo kami sa isang all-girls stag table. 8 ang beryllium at 2 cesium. Mind you there are only 11 girls in beryllium. Haha. But we were laughing almost the entire time. The food was good. Honestly, I wasn’t very positive about the food before prom night but it exceeded my stomach’s capacity. Matakaw ako kaya ang filling talaga ng food and super sarap pa. We had soup that had mussels ata, then the main course, a large piece of chicken breast with rice (I forgot what they called it) and vegetables of course. Don’t ask me what we had for dessert. I couldn’t pronounce it and I forgot how to spell it.

Then the 10 people for each category who got the most number of votes were announced. For prom princess, beryllium had a representative in the very beautiful Jami Villaroman and for prom prince, Paul Averilla and Jao Ong. Jeffrey Hidalgo, a pisay alumnus and one of the judges, sang for the candidates for Princess of Manhattan and Queen of Queens. Even he was amazed at our prom. Ang galing nya kumanta.

So those who won were Ed Santos and Dane Leonardo as the Juniors’ couple of the night, (I don’t know the names of thoe seniors’ couple of the night but their coordinated costumes were cute), Nicholas Juat(’06) and Grazielle Versoza(’07), Jao Ong as Prince of Manhattan, Egg Aherrera as Princess of Manhattan, the guy with the cape as King of Queens and Valerie Gatdula as Queen of Queens. I think they all deserved their awards. Egg was very beautiful last night. Her gown was simple yet very sophisticated. I also think she wasn’t just the princess of the night. She really deserves it as she put so much into the prom preparations so that everyone would enjoy. Jao was in a white suit. It was impossible for him not to stand out. The guy in the cape. Duh. He was in cape. The same as Jao he was noticeable. Ate Val was as usual stunning. In her case, what she wears doesn’t matter because she makes everything she wears look good. All her clothes are blessed. They should thank her.

The dancing started. Then we took pictures once again. A lot of them in different cameras. The formal ones were one with the rest of the beryllium stag girls and one with Eng Journ 1.

In between the picture taking, when we sat down on our places and the fast tunes were replaced with slow music, we realized we didn’t have dates. Si Fatima nadepress na nga ata e. For a person who doesn’t really care or tries not to care about being stag and all those things, I was pretty much sad at the fact that we had to sit down while the others were dancing. But we decided to dance anyway, us girls, but we never stayed in the dance floor too long. I mean medyo pang gulo lang kami sa mga pairs na sumasayaw. Then, thanks to our wonderful guy friends and amazing Garnet big brother, we were able to dance na rin so we had fun too. Nawala na yung lungkot sa pagiging stag. Sadly, I had to go home at 12:20 because we thought it would end at 12. Medyo mga 30-45 minutes lang ata ang total time na tumapak ako sa dance floor. Yup. The dancing started late.

And that was it. Tama si Ma’am Jams, she advised us to start dancing right away. It was the best part of the night. But of course, I can’t wait to see my prom pictures and group pics as well. We had so much fun that I was sad to see the night end. One of the items in our English achievement test was correct in saying that time flies fast during prom night. We were just so surprised when we saw the time before the dancing began, it was 10:45. Then without us noticing, we all had to leave.

Ilang beses ko na to inulit pero totoo talaga kasi. Maraming beses akong nagdoubt sa quality ng prom at maraming beses din akong nagtanong sa sarili kung bakit natin kinailangang gumastos ng considerably large amount for it but sobrang nahiya ako na I had those doubts. When I got home, I was just really happy and all the preparations were worth it. Thanks ulit sa lahat ng nagprepare. We owe one of the most memorable nights in our Pisay life to you guys.

No comments: