Sunday, August 31, 2008

UST...

I feel sorry for the losses that could have been wins.

But I don't know why your rookies insist on taking outside shots during the last few seconds when the reigning MVP is waiting for the ball in the shaded area. And I'm not only referring to today's game. I know they're great and they have the right to take those shots but they were really costly lapses in judgment.

Also, I have great respect for basketball coaches and Pido Jarencio's a great one. After all, he led you to a championship in 2006 against Ateneo. I was cheering for you that time because I was an Archers fan then. Plus, I saw how dedicated you were during that difficult climb to the finals and I know Coach Pido pushed and inspired you all the way. But I don't know why Coach Pido always seems angry. Though I'm not a player nor a UST fan, it's heartbreaking to see a talented team being screamed at constantly.

During your game against La Salle, you did well except Villanueva had lady luck on his team's side. Today, you were playing inspired basketball in the last half of the 4th. And you had more than lady luck, you seemed to have divine intervention even. At home, we love UE but we were cheering for you today. I genuinely felt sad for you.

Good luck in Season 72!

No comments: