Wednesday, December 13, 2006

entry 2 of 3: press con

Ito yung mga nareceive kong forwarded text messages while waiting for the results of the regionals and after:

11/29 (2 days after press con) from kuya joseph - Sometimes, we put too much passion on the biggest dreams and priorities in life that we fail to love the smallest pleasures from simple things. ...

12/05 (day after awarding) from kuya joseph again - ... The many tasks we face each day can burden & oppress but spending time with God each day can bring relief fro stress. Let us be reminded that in the end, only 3 things matter: how fully you lived, how deeply you loved, and how gracefully you let go of things not eant for you.

12/06 from jami- Be thankful that you don't have everything you desire. If you did, what would there be to look forward to? Be thankful for your limitations because they give you opportunities for improvement, Be thankful for your mistakes. They will teach you valuable lessons. Find a way to be thankful for your troubles and they can become your blessings.

To think na regionals yun, that was probably the worst editorial I ever wrote pero tama na excuses ko. God prepared me and I thank Him for that. Hindi na ako nalungkot pero nasasayangan ako kasi sayang talaga yung opportunity pero finish na yun e and I have to let go. So this will be the last blog entry about me and the depEd secondary schools press conferences. narealize ko na puro tungkol dun lahat ng blog entries ko. haha. :)) the next time i write anything related to the depEd sspc, it will be about jeric, my sister and the sci scho. sana na lang manalo Science Scholar. :D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sabi ko rin ilelet go ko na because I'm very proud of what I already have, pero just this morning I dreamt about it again.

May retake daw, at surprise surprise, sa Pisay sya. I woke up from the dream once, before the actual writing process, and I guess I wanted to go back to the dream so bad na pagtulog ko continuation lang yung next dream. But it was one big fiasco. I was late, everyone was mean to me (as in the other students treated me like I didn't deserve to be there), and we had an answer sheet like it was some kind of test (well it was, but that's not the point). A test with three parts! And one part was on the opening ceremonies, which I knew I couldn't answer because it involved numbers and more numbers.. numbers that I couldn't possibly know because I was late for a presscon in my own school. And so I tried to move on to the next test, which was sort of like the normal presscon stuff, but just then I woke up and realized na kahit may retake pa, I guess it just wasn't meant to be (and I would let it go easier if I didn't have such annoying dreams, haha). Sayang, in the dream Jeric told me pa naman na dapat manalo ako para may kasama sya, harhar.

And that's how one very very nice dream turned into a nightmare, haha.

And you know who I was referring to in this [http://www.tabulas.com/~potchi/1334812.html] entry? Si Jerome, kasi diba I was so optimistic and stuff nung day ng awarding, like, "I'm happy na at least may place ako blahblah" tas I talked to Jerome nung hapon, and he was really really disappointed. Kinda like what I really wanted to be (and I was, to some extent), but I wanted to give Shayne her wish("Sana matuwa si Ray2 sa results ng presscon) so hinde. But I saw him and for a while I was exactly like him. Kasi lam mo nung YMCA he and I (and Henson) remained behind to take a picture with last year's YMCA winning articles, tas ayun ganun din ung reaction nya and it's sad to see someone so passionate about his work so crushed. I hope he's let it go by now (at least I think he's dealing with it well. Sumasali sya sa ibang writing contests, like sa Ateneo and Readers' Digest. Bibigyan nya nga ako dapat ng application forms para sa EngJourn eh.)

Ayun lang. Nakakatawa, tayong mga journalist ang hahaba magcomment sa blog ng iba (see Ryan's entries QSci person, haha).